Bollywood movies have always celebrated love, togetherness, friendship and many more. Not just emotions, even festivals and one of them is Karwa Chauth which is a festival of love. For the unversed, the festival is usually practised by women in North; however, nowadays it is celebrated nation-wide and even men participate in this festival. Karwa Chauth is celebrated for the long and healthy life of their partner. As we speak of it, there are some Bollywood movies that have captured or enhanced the euphoria of the festival. Films like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge, Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham and more, have a Karwa Chauth which have given a different meaning to the festival.
1. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge: The highlight of the scene was when Raj and Simran are trying to hide their love in front of everyone. It was really sweet to see how Simran pretended to faint as she wants to break her fast with Raj only. The essence of captured very aesthetically.
2. Baghban: This scene made almost everyone a little teary-eyed. In the movie, the two who love each other were celebrating the festival in different cities via phone. It not only showed us their love but also showed us how one celebrates the festival even when they are not together.
3. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: No, we are not going to talk about Nandini’s Karwa Chauth festival that she celebrated after getting married. The sweet and blooming romance between her and Sameer is something to cherish for life. The song Chaand Chupa Badal is all things love.
4. Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham: Well, Karan Johar had an elaborate sequence for this festival where we got to see all the main characters — Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor Khan coming together for this festival. It was beautiful
5. Ishq Vishq: This has to be one of the cutest scenes. The time when only married women celebrate Karwa Chauth, the film was a little ahead of its time as a college student was seen fasting for her boyfriend in the film. This is also a cute scene Amrita expressing her love to Shahid.