Rakesh Roshan Shah Rukh Khan

Yesterday on 25th January, Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’ and Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ made it to the theatres together. This will probably remain this year’s biggest clash and we are yet to know who emerged victorious. The fact that ‘Kaabil’ producer Rakesh Roshan tried his best to avoid the box office collision is known to all.

However, Roshan claims he was promised that the distribution of screens between ‘Raees’ and ‘Kaabil’ would be equal. But in reality, it was never materialised. Instead, ‘Raees’ acquired 55% of screens and ‘Kaabil’ was left with remaining 45%.


“After shaking hands with me and promising me that they will go 50-50 (in terms of number of screens), they backed out. I was shocked,” he told a news channel.

He further emphasises that the issue isn’t limited to the present clash only. When two big releases clash with each other, they not just eat each other’s business, but also restrict the audience’s choice. After all, not many of us would like to spend a bomb on two big films in the same week. The loss isn’t just financial, but it is also about depriving the audience of the right dose of entertainment.

“If we can not avoid such clashes, I will stop making films,” he finishes.

Indeed! We’re sure many of you are as intrigued by ‘Kaabil’ as ‘Raees’ and would like to watch both.

Let us see who wins the battle for this time!